Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Growing up wildebeest

Mornings in any big city is like witnessing the great yearly migration from the Masai Mara to the Serengeti. I'll never forget my first time in the Serengeti, just as the liquad mass of wildebeest had arrived, flowing into that immense flatland like a river in its bed. Strangely, I felt an almost surreal connection with that four-legged, foul smelling, constant frolicking crowd. They reminded me of everything I'd ever loved about growing up in a city. Yes, it's a bit smelly and yes, you tend to step on each other. Yes, sometimes, some people just need a good head butt, and yes, usually you wish people could just follow the damn flow and stop grazing around, but it's that intoxicating feeling of oneness and total freedom at the same time that you never get anywhere else. 
I've sung enough songs for how highly I thought of city life, but it never fails to dawn on me like a whole new emotion when I get back in a city after a while.


Kiss and Peace
Miss Wildebeest 

No comments:

Post a Comment