Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Review - L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint and Kiko Eyeshadow & Lipliner


I've been super busy with exams, work and trying out new makeup.
I picked up some goodies these past few weeks and I'll be reviewing them on here in the following days.
I'l start with L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint which I picked up about a month ago at the drug store. I have to say I would have never bought it if it hadn't enticed me with it's devilish price tag. 5€ for this pretty glass bottle foundation. I bought it not because I thought I'd ever use it regularly, but because I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try it.
It's supposed to create this ultra-light, magiquely long-lasting, powder finish sheer coverage. And, low and behold, despite my natural distrust in such promises, it does indeed do all of these things. It went on like a charm, made my skin look perfect, felt light and comfortable and covered a whole lot more than I would have thought.
Downsize? It has some sort of alcohol in it that I can feel through my eyes. Like opening a bottle of vodka and you just peer through the opening of the bottle or something. Weird.
It stayed on for a full 7 hours and did not flake or move. I was really satisfied.
It also didn't make my skin break out which is always a plus. I've used 3 times and I'm pretty happy with it.


The second product I want to talk about about today is a Kiko Eyeshadow in the prettiest possible prink. I bought it on sale from Kiko and it was something like 2€ (yes, 2, I was equally blown away after spending an afternoon in Sephora with my friends Nars and Urban Decay). I've mainly used it as  full lid color/canvas and it works really well. It has a bit of sheen which I love and is very flattering. Despite not having the best formula on the planet or even the credentials to be considered by most MUAs out there, this little tough cookie does not move. It's like a mini, cheap Superman of eyeshadows. I get strange allergies from eyeshadows and the fact that this has given me no grief is a positive sign.

The hot pink Kiko Lipliner for which I pair less than 2€ is an equal little miracle. It's just the right amount of hard and very long-lasting. Perfect to accompany my 30 something € Chanel liptstick.



Lastly, while I was prepping the flat lay, I needed something to brighten the photo, so I grabbed my YSL eyeshadow set from years gone by. I've had this for about 3 (maybe 4) years now and I've just recently brought it up from the makeup graveyard. This spring I'll be using it a lot because it has the prettiest pink, peach and nude glittery eyeshadows on the planet. Only trouble is they are really dusty, tend to disappear after the shortest of times and it's really hard to apply/blend them.

I'll be telling you about my short visit to Cosmoprof 2016 in another post!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Kiss and Peace
Miss Sinister


2 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about Kiko, I wish I could try it! Same with L'Oreal. I found I forget about L'Oreal, but suddenly so many people are raving about their products! I'll definitely be giving it a closer look soon. The YSL eyeshadow looks great, too :)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...You want Kiko, I want ColorPop. I wonder if something can't be arranged. I could buy some and send them to you. :)

    ReplyDelete