Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Friday Fav Five - just a little bit late


If you feel that I have abandoned you, please be reassured I haven't. I've just been super busy with my studies. I just went to my first live seminar in Milan last Friday and I loved it! The sessions are at the British Council Milan which is smack in the city centre, or even more accurately in the centre of the so called "Quadrilatero della Moda". I'll be posting something on that later this week.
I've been looking forward to finishing this post for a few days now. This Friday post has me thinking all week and when I can't finish it in time my mind goes into creative overload.
So let's get back to our  chickens.
Here's a belated yet totally worth-it Friday Fav Five list!


1. This woolly thing to wrap around our fashionista necks! Stella McCartney's knitted scarf for 285€ over on mytheresa caught my attention last week while perusing the site for Xmas wishlist. Better named Xmas Wishlust. (Uh. I hear a post idea bubbling up in my head).
I think it's absolutely adorable. The price could have been a bit more consumer friendly, but this is Stella McCartney and so I'll just zip it. As I hope you know, she's a major animal cruelty advocate and everything that she makes is cruelty free and usually animal products free. 800€ faux leather Farabella, I'm talking about you!
I've dutifully informed my Mystery about how gorgeous i think it is. Am awaiting male confirmation that the message has been received. Will probably take the better half of November.


2. This contour kit (insert Miss Sinister screaming). I'm a contour dummy. I've long been wondering if the "X for dummies" series will take pity on my soul and provide a manual for contouring. I've probably watched a gazillion bloggers on youtube getting it on with contouring as well as virtually stalked Kim K. To no avail. I am no good at contouring.
But I desperately want to be Chiseled to Perfection by this Too Faced Countour  Kit. It looks fairly comprehensive and simple to use and would love to review it (*wink* I'm working on videos *wink*) and see how it performs in the hand of a profane user.
37.90€ over on sephora.





3. This ultra-feminine wool sweater. Fall gets me into a woolly state of mind (just read #1) and so I thought I'd include this lovely, ultra-wearable lavender sweater from Acne. It's not cheap, costing 240€, but I have to say that this can definitely be an investment piece and something I or you could wear for many falls and winters to come. You can find it here.

4. Glitter ankle boots from Zara. Do I really need to give a reason for wanting to buy 39.90€ black glitter boots from Zara?  I saw them in Milan on Friday and was beside myself when they couldn't find my size. (Damn my anatomically appropriate size 11 feet). I just imagined I was going to hurt my credit card some more and order them online. But guess what. They're sold out. Just my luck. That's why you need to place your order like right now. Like now. Stop reading this post. Go to Zara.com. Order them. Come back and finish reading. :P

5. Halloween decorations. Being busy with my job and my studies, I've not been able to rejoice in  the yearly "complete house spookeration for Halloween". I'm big on Halloween and Xmas and I usually go nuts with decorations. This year, my jack-o-lateen is still a pumpkin and my spooky witches and fake spider webs have yet to be taken out. But I'll be working overtime this week to get the house ready and I'm starting with this DYI Jack Skellington Halloween String Garland. Give it a try and let me know how it worked out for you!



Kiss and Peace
Off to have a gluten-free pizza Miss Sinister

1 comment:

  1. The sweater is beautiful!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete