Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Gluten Free Crunchy Crostata





Hey little sinisters,

Today I have a treat for you. An actual delicious, crunchy, healthy treat.
I saw this recipe on this blog and thought I'd give it a shot.
I cook so much more than I allow anybody to think and that's all thanks to grandma and her wickedly delicious desserts that made me be a chubby albeit terribly happy kid.

This is actually a really easy recipe and despite being gluten free, it doesn't require a plethora of unpronounceable ingredients which one should weigh down to the last ounce/gram.
Gluten Free Crunchy Crostata has now been completely eaten and will be remade over the weekend, so post production testing has gone very well. 
Now it's your turn to enjoy this wonderful concoction over matcha latte in the morning.

Here it goes.
Ingredients:

- 200 g / 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 200 g / 1 cup rice flour
- 50 g / 1/2 cup roasted nuts
- 50 g / 1/2 cup roasted walnuts
- 180 g sugar ( but I actually forgot to put it in and it turned out just fine, sweet and everything)
- 200 g / a little less than 1 cup of butter (nice and soft)
- 2 or 3 espresso cups of cold water
- 1 jar of marmalade or fresh fruit

* optionally some extra ground nuts and walnuts

How to do it:

1. Grind the two types of nuts down to flour consistency.

2. Start your oven. Set it to 180°C / 356° F
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together - the two flours and the nuts.

4. Add the butter and make sure everything is mixed in well. This would be the moment to add the sugar but as I said, I forgot all about it and mine came out absolutely delicious.

5. Cut two long strips of baking paper and put the dough between the two sheets and using a rolling pin, roll it out as much as you need to fit into your baking tray. Mine was large and rectangular so the preparing was quite easy and I didn't even line the tray with new baking paper.
*The dough tends to get a bit sticky so I suggest not having to manually move it as it looked pretty complicated to me.

6. Put the jam/marmalade/plenty fresh fruit on top and either use some dough to decorate it (which is what I did) or leave it as is.

7. Place your tray in the oven and leave it untouched for the first 15 minutes. 
* Then take it out and add the extra nuts and walnuts if you want.

8. Leave it in for an extra 10 - 15 minutes / until the top edges gets crusty and golden.

9. Take out, allow it to cool and enjoy.

You will utterly love it!
Let me know how it came out and if you changed something to the original recipe as I did.

Kiss and Peace
Crunchy Miss Sinister




No comments:

Post a Comment