Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer reading - the grandpa we all wish we had


Do you have grandparents? The quirky, funny, slightly annoying kind of grandparents?
I've got an awesome pair of grandparents that I wouldn't change for anything in the world.
But if Alan Karlsson needed a granddaughter to share his adventures with, I would literally kill for him. 

This is the book that last came with me on vacation and it managed to keep me away from my vacation much more that I wish I could admit to. It was funny, unexpected, entertaining and definitely refreshing.
With temperatures soaring into the 40°C/104°F, I was reading about the Swedish geriatric adventurer that evades from his nursing home and embarks on a breathless quest towards nowhere in particular. 
Alan cracked me up, he genuinely impressed me with his unwanted, unwarranted history knowledge, much of which he's had a hand in making it history in the first place.
He is one sinister little old man. My kind of sinister. We're practically sinisterly related.
There is also money, weird twists of events and a elephant. 
Convinced yet?
You can find it on amazon.com, conveniently kindled or papered. 


Kiss and Peace
Miss Sinister

P.S. I hope someday to sit down with Mr. Jonasson, brainstorm cooky ideas, drink vodka and discuss world history. In that order.



No comments:

Post a Comment